Alain Bras is one of Irelands well known wine experts. His vast knowledge on wine has been accumulated over the past 31 years from being a restaurant owner, to becoming a sommelier in Relais & Chateaux hotels, creating award winning wine cellars, to becoming a Caviste Sommelier and opening his own wine boutique in Kenmare, Co. Kerry with his wife Christine. Alain is also a wine Lecturer for the past 20 years, lecturing on WSET Certificate courses and has won many awards and accolades over the years.
Along with the above Alain nurtures his love of wine by travelling extensively to all the great wine regions of the world, and attends many tastings and master-classes on a yearly basis, this allows him to hand-pick only the best wines from wine producers who have great passion and dedication.
Alain's Main Awards and Accolades
- WSET Certified Lecturer.
- Sopexa Award for Best Sommelier of French Wines and Spirit.
- The Jameson Best Wine List in 2000.
- Sommelier of the Year in Ireland in 2001.
- Woodford Bourne Most Stylish Sommelier of the Year in 2003.
- Ruinart Best Sommelier in Ireland 2004.
- Semi-Finalist in the World Sommelier Competition in Athens, Greece 2004.